Struggling to find a commercial electrician in Melbourne that ticks all the boxes and delivers the services your business needs? Yes, they do exist!
Solstra is a reputable, fully qualified electrical specialist in the planning, design and installation of commercial electrical systems across Melbourne.
Whether it’s a renovation and re-fit, ongoing scheduled maintenance or a new build – our team is dependable, reliable and site-ready.
Trust in over 20 years of technical and industry experience including involvement in many large and small-scale projects, delivered on time and to scope.
The highest standards of workmanship are maintained. We have our very own team on the job (no outsourcing) and use only trusted brands and quality materials for your installation.
Your checklist? Covered. Solstra is a Licensed Electrician and fully compliant with all requirements and Australian Standards related to the Electricity Safety Act 1998.
- Registered Electrical Contractor REC 28804
- Fully qualified electricians
- Fully insured and staff police checked
- Certificate of Electrical Safety provided
- 12-month workmanship guarantee
Enjoy our streamlined systems, high-level expertise and professional, ‘no guff’ service.
Solstra is the leading commercial electrician in Melbourne providing full electrical system design and installation for small businesses and construction projects across Melbourne.
We also specialise in smaller commercial jobs involving indoor and outdoor electrical installation or relocation and connection to independent energy systems for your business, such as solar panels and generators.
Our team is regularly contracted by our commercial clients for these popular services:
- New commercial builds
- Commercial-managed services
- Preventative and scheduled maintenance
- Emergency service, fault finding and repairs
- Installations and project management
- Commercial EV charger installation and EV charging hubs
- Service and repairs
- General electrical faults
- Existing equipment upgrades
- Commercial fit-outs
- Mechanical electrical services
- Underground power supplies
- Mains supply and sub-mains
Commercial services are available for all building types including residential homes, apartments or unit blocks, commercial offices, factories, small utility buildings, storage and sheds, amenity blocks and even small and temporary structures such as marquees or site offices.
Rewiring and wiring repairs
Some commercial projects require full or part rewiring, wiring replacement or repairs. It is crucial that electrical wiring is to current standards/codes. Unseen faults can be costly and affect the safety and efficiency of your power supply.
Our team can help you with:
- Residential, commercial and industrial wiring assessments
- Rewiring and wiring repairs
- Renovation wiring
- 3-phase electrical sockets and power points
- EV charging stations and hubs
Enquire with our team to arrange a complete and thorough inspection of the working status and condition of your electrical wiring at a time that’s convenient for your business.
We work with specialist tools and methods to access a variety of structures and materials including older brick structures, weatherboard, concrete, stone and interior walls.
Commercial lighting installation
Effective and appropriate lighting is essential for the back AND front end of your business. Your business exists 24/7 and its lighting needs vary between night and daytime.
Whether it’s for occupational health and safety, product presentation, ambience or another practicality, we can recommend and fit commercial lighting that fits your business needs, such as:
- Lighting design and installation
- Exit and emergency lighting installation
- Floodlight installation
- High bay light installation
- Industrial manufacturing lighting
Your switchboard powers your business! Being the control centre of your commercial electrical system, it needs to be safe, working efficiently and appropriately equipped to service the power needs of the business.
A faulty switchboard can mean disruption and downtime for your business and non-compliance with codes and regulations relevant to switchboards on commercial premises.
Chat with Solstra today about our specialised services relating to switchboards.
- New switchboard installations, switchboard upgrades and replacements
- Switchboard labelling, circuit tracing and identification
- RCD testing and safety switches
- Custom design industrial switchboards
- Switchboard relocation
Ask us about circuit breakers to protect wiring systems and your major appliances which are essential to the operation of your business. You should always use a fully qualified commercial electrician in Melbourne.
Having someone you know and a regular friendly face for your scheduled electrical maintenance is important for security and consistency. You know… part of the furniture?
Solstra is a preferred contractor for scheduled electrical maintenance.
- Preventative strategy and maintenance
- Fault identification and rectification
- Repair and replacement of faulty fittings and outlets
- Solar panel cleaning and solar battery testing
- Safety checks
- Scheduled switchboard inspections
- Test and tagging
We endeavour to ensure the least disruption and disturbance to your operations, clients and staff while maintaining the efficiency and safety of your overall electrical system.
Commercial solar and batteries
The Solstra team has completed many large-scale building and construction solar projects.
If your business has a strong environmental ethos, we can help you get started on your solar journey. Solar presents great savings for commercial premises with high power usage, sometimes associated with refrigeration, lighting, heating and cooling.
Our commercial solar services include:
- Commercial solar panel installation
- Commercial solar battery installations
- Commercial solar repairs and service
- Back-up generators and UPS systems
Solstra is a Clean Energy Council Accredited Installer and New Energy Tech Approved Seller.
Rebates for eligible businesses are currently available through Solar Victoria’s Solar for Business Program.
Industrial electrical services
Whether your business specialises in agriculture, horticulture or manufacturing, Solstra should become your electrical contractor of choice.
Our team of qualified electricians can design and install energy-efficient solutions specifically for your industrial premises, incorporating high usage and unique power distribution requirements.
Depending on your business, this may support heavy machinery, production lines or large-scale heating and cooling. We can assist with:
- Industrial Switchboards
- Car park lighting
- Factories and warehousing
- Shopping centres
- Retail and hospitality
- Community sport ovals
- Emergency lighting
- Mechanical electrical services
Industries/sectors we work with
Long-term relationships with our clients and getting to know your business is important to us.
We support a variety of commercial and industrial clients on various projects and ongoing contractual arrangements.
- Business owners
- Local and commercial builders
- Real estate agents
- Carparks and Petrol stations
- Body corporate
- Aged Care
- Medical Centres
- Hospitality venues
We are well systemised and plan our jobs entirely and adequately, for a seamless project and client experience. It’s easy working with Solstra.